Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thanks Sharlene, Karla, and everyone who has wished us well


A big thankyou to Sharlene for setting up this blog ( i hardly knew what one was untill now), and to all the people who suggested it. We are amazed by the number of kind thoughts and well wishes for Emily.

I went and brought more canvases and paints for Emily's artwork, she just loves painting!! the hospital wall will be covered in her works by the time she leaves!

Emily is on day 16 after finishing her first lot of chemo, her hair is falling out and she is feeling grotty, but much better than last week when she spiked a fever, having platlets and a blood transfusion helped. It is scary seeing babies go downhill so fast.

Emily has always been a fussy eater but now she hardly has solids at all, and when she does it is usually one paticular type of food, she ate a small amount of tea tonight, good girl Emily.

So at the moment Emilys blood cells are starting to recover, when they do, she will start her next lot of chemo.

Dad arrived up yesterday for a few days and Emily was sooo happy to see him :)

4 comments:

  1. WOW look at all those followers:) You are very welcome. I love little babies doing painting, my son is a day younger than Karla's Katie so its a nice little age, Get those cells up Emily so you can start your next lot of chemo and start getting better.


    Im glad to see you working out how to use your blog i can see your about me bit its very well done:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Anna,Brendon & Beautiful Emily!!

    Im happy to have helped, Sharlene has done a great job & im glad you like it She has a son a day younger than my katie as she mentioned & She is just lovely to chat with & help with things like this!!!
    It will be so nice being able to stay intouch & keep up with Emily's progress!!

    YAY go Emily i Look forward to seeing some of your artwork & when I get some $$ together id love to buy 1 of your colourful pieces from you For Katies bedroom :)

    Keep up the great work Emily we are all so proud of you ! your a tough wee button!! All our love & big huggles & kissies Karla,Katie,Milly xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artwork! Thinking of you all. Love from Jo, Mike, Liane and Jaimee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Princess Emily,
    I am your second cousin Kellan, my Dad Dwight, my mum Carly and my big brother Taylor showed me your picture on the computer. You are a little bit older than me because I am only 4 months old. I will get to meet you one day soon I hope, but until then it is so nice to see your photos. My Dad said you are not very well, but that you are sooooo brave, and we can all see how beautiful you are!!
    We will be thinking about you and making lots of wishes for you to be doing well with your treatments and to feel better as fast as they can help you.
    My mum and dad think that your mum and dad are sooo brave too!
    I love your pictures, mum hasnt let me play with paint yet but i hope she does soon! I would like to paint with you one day!

    Love Kellan
    (and my mum & dad, Taylor and my silly dog lily)
    xo

    ReplyDelete