Thursday, December 23, 2010

Over halfway!

Well, here we are, christmas just two sleeps away, and we are lucky enough to be staying at Ronald house.
Emily finished her 4th round of chemo on tuesday, - only two more to go!!! yahoo, lets hope all goes well.
We had a scare mid december when Emily got a fever, and went downhill so fast, I was scared, but the doctors and nurses are, luckly, on to it straight away, and Emily got better within a few days. But her hickman line was still infected, so out it came!
two lines were put in her hands for three days untill she had a temporary pick put in her arm (more trips to theatre - I hate taking her there, never gets easier).
And the chemo was put through the pick in her arm. then on tuesday, Emily had a new hickman (chest) line put in, it took ages this time, over two hours, and I was so pleased to get her back in my arms after the op.
(Happened to be Daddy's birthday too).
I think Emily had a sore mouth , maybe teething or something, as she would not drink for two and a half days! I ended up putting water and milk in her nasal gastric tube! but she is feeding again now and that is good.
as you know, we put an auction on trademe for Emily's painting, to help us out, and whooa! ( I was hesitant when tv asked to interview us, but they insisted) it went crazy! we have more than enough now, and so I am using all that we do not need, as a trust for Emily when she is older (special education etc - she will need it, I want to help her be the best she can be, and she will be something special, I can tell).
We are also giving back to the hospital playroom (as toys seem to go walkabout alot from there) and to Ronald Mcdonald house.
So a huge, huge thankyou to everyone who has been so kind to us, Emily is such a special girl, and we appreciate it so much.
And, I knew I would get at least one nasty comment, I feel sad for that person, that they must must feel that way, it must've been hard. I know we are doing something that is right, as it is all for Emily,  she is a good cause, and she WILL contribute to society, she has the whole future to spread her inspiration, who knows what she will achieve, but I know it will be something pretty amazing. 

8 comments:

  1. Your story is one of inspiration - you hold your head high and face things as and when they need to be dealt with, with dignity and courage. Best Wishes to you all for a very Happy Christmas and a fantastic 2011 especially for Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I'm just a 16 year old girl, browsing through trademe and saw a tomato auction for Emily that lead me to here.
    Your story is so inspiration, and Emily is such a sweet girl! I really hope she will grow up to become many things, and offer great and wonderful contributions to the world.
    I work part time teaching piano to very little kids and your story touched my heart so I offered a very small contribution to Emily's funds and I wish you all a Merry Christmas,

    God bless you and your family, and especially Emily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to say good on you for the amount of time, money and effort - physically and emotionally that you have put into your beautiful daughter.
    I sincerely hope that you didn't take the nasty comment into account. You have found an opportunity to help your daughter and family and you should not be made to feel bad or guilty because of this. I admire you for the lengths you have gone to not only help Emily survive her ordeal, but to help you and your husband survive too.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, enjoy the special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas. Hold your head high, a child's only advocates are their parents - we have to want the best for them! If we don't care, who else will? Enjoy experiencing real human kindness. I'm glad we can still all band together for a common cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, hope you have a lovely day with your beautiful little girl. Please list some more of Emily's fabulous artwork on trade me when time permits, I would love to own one, in the meantime I have made a donation. Hope your little princess gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family have an awesome Christmas. A friend of mine has set up a raffle and I have contributed to it and all the money raised will be put into your account. Emily is the cutest lil girl ever! You and your family deserve all the goodwill in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all is going well in Christchurch and that you had a lovely Christmas with your Princess. I wish you all a very happy and safe 2011, and that you will be going home to Dunedin soon. I wish you all the best for a bright and happy future Princess Emily. You are an inspiration, and you are the joy and apple of your mummy and daddy's eyes. From a friend in Wellington, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear miss emily, we were all thinking about you over christmas, im so glad the auction went well and we also made a small contribution, we will continue to follow your story, i have a daughter who is four and i would fight just as much for her if i needed to, your mum is amazing and i wish you well in your journey with your angel... as for the nasty comment, to think what a sad life they have for feeling that way to a little angel who deserves to be here (if not more) than any of us. Some people are so cruel in this world but you just have to know that there are so many people following your story and supporting you every way. Good luck miss emily, your a princess in all our eyes.

    ReplyDelete