Saturday, October 30, 2010

Garage sale for Emily! read on...

Hi all,
Saturday night and Emily is finally off to sleep, She usually goes down around 9 - 9.30, wish I could get her to go to sleep earlier, but I can't complain, she sleeps all night ( unless she is woken by a nurse taking her obs......).
Emily has had another trying week, she has ok days and bad days, today she was a bit happier.

But I feel that Emily is regressing a bit in hospital, the early intervention therapy  that she can have at the moment is limited compared to what we were doing before hospital, (especially being stuck in one small room), and it makes a difference.
Emily cannot crawl yet, but is happy sitting, and playing with my help.
I keep trying to think -'what does it matter anyway, she will be the way she is going to be, as long as she is happy it dosent matter', but I still stress about it.

I am a wee bit concerend now as Emily has not eaten any solids for a week now and living on breastmilk, her weight is dropping. She only weighs 7.5 kilos now.
She is having night feeds through her nasal gastric tube, they were breastmilk but I cannot express any extra now and so tonight she has started on night time formula feeds, with a suppliment added to give her extra calories.I hope this helps.
I don't think she has the mucusitis anymore so it must be that her tastebuds have all changed from the chemo - that and probably just feeling lousy, must make her not want to eat.
All I have to do is put the bib on and she gets upset.

Emily had another blood transfusion today as her haemoglobin was low, and she is very neutropeanic at the moment (this is normal, it is the chemo doing what it ought to). Hopefully her bloods will recover from here and she will feel like eating again soon.

Dad is going home to Dunedin to work tomorrow morning so I will be by myself for the week. We will miss him. - not looking forward to it at all, but hopefully the week will go fast and I will have company again soon.

To all my friends - yes you!
Brendan's work friend is having a garage sale just for Emily!
And Brendan's auntie has kindly offered to help out too, If any of you have anything lying around that you would like to donate, please ring
Gail - 03 487 9441 (evenings)
The garage sale will be held on Emily's birthday, saturday 13th november.
more information can be found on flyers at warehouse stationary and lighting direct, Dunedin, and i am sure the garage sale will be advertised in the odt.
just wish I could be there to be part of it...feel a bit helpless stuck up here in chch

Thanks so much guys, for helping us out



4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I will sure have a look around the house, gorgeous pose Emily :)
    Luv Nat, Jamie, Jackson and Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya, have shed so many tears for you all, Emily is just so beautiful, and what a trooper! you are an amazing mum, and my heart goes out to you. i hope you got the promised items that i sent to you c/o ronald mcdonald house, i didn't know i could comment on here, it's all a bit techanogical for me, lol. take care, we think of you lots, rach & kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday for yesterday! We hope you raised heaps of money with your garage sale. All our love and best wishes, the McEwan family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope emily had a wonderful birthday on saturday keep your head up high and keep smiling you both are such fantastic people we think of you all time :) Jolani and Nathan Garner xx

    ReplyDelete